Games of the Year

Nantucket

Nantucket Screenshot 1
Nantucket Screenshot 2
Nantucket Screenshot 3
Nantucket Screenshot 4
Nantucket Screenshot 5
0
1
Edit
Chase after Moby Dick, and live through the Golden Age of American whaling in this seafaring strategy game. Set sail around the world, manage your ship and crew, and live Ishmael's story, the sole survivor of the Pequod, a few years after the events narrated by Herman Melville in his masterpiece. Set sail and explore the seas Set sail around the world, visit cities, and increase your prestige by hunting whales, landing jobs, and searching for new adventures. Be the captain you want to be Develop your character in true RPG fashion, by increasing your stats, choosing your reactions, and developing your seafaring skills. Manage your ship and crew Hire and manage your crew, give them tasks on your ship, and improve your ship with new compartments, expanding your ship's capabilities. Experience the Golden Age of whaling Experience more than a thousand unique events tailored around your choices—and face the results of your actions.
Promote for 50G

Game Discussion

Review by Anonymous
Review from Steam

TL;DR 7/10 Resource management, turn based combat, and a well executed naval theme make this game tons of fun if you are willing to deal with absolutely brutal RNG
Pros:
+ naval theme
+ sea shanties
+ fun combat
+ tough choices with consequences
Cons:
- extremely brutal RNG
- repetitive
Nantucket is a very fun whale hunting, crew and resource management game with the ultimate goal of seeking revenge by killing the infamous Moby Dick. The game has a fair amount of grinding in it to make enough money to upgrade your ship/buy new ships so that you can be strong enough to actually defeat MD.
The grinding is done by completing quests which often include whale hunting. The combat/hunting is accomplished by assigning crew members to your whale boat(s) and completing a dice roll which then allows your crew members to use whatever ability the roll lands on.
This game is hard, make no mistake about it. The RNG is absolutely BRUTAL. To actually defeat Moby Dick, it requires a lot of grinding, some skill, and MASSIVE amounts of good luck. Several times playing this, I have completely lost everything within the first 20 minutes of a run. It can also be infuriating when you're doing great and have made tons of progress only to lose everything and have to start over because of some random BS bad luck moment.
The insane RNG aside, this game is loads of fun when things go smoothly. The sea shanties interspersed throughout really add to the vibe and may cause you to sing along once you learn them.
If you're willing to overlook the RNG, and enjoy naval themed games, this one is a diamond in the rough.
Happy gaming!

Review from Steam

It's a cute little sailing and trading roguelike with great ambiance (music, graphics, etc). Not too complex, but fun to tinker around with a bit. Probably overpriced for what it is - wait to pick it up on heavy sale.

Review from Steam

Albeit a bit repetitive, it is a decent little game. Really worth it when on sale.
It can be tough especially if you dive in without learning how to play the game first. You will probably die.
It is basically a turn-based hack'n'slash disguised as a whaling game. Nothing new, but the stories a interesting and the music entertaining.
I think they did a good job, but it could have been more than a hack'n'slashed though.

Review from Steam

Awesome - Waiting for Nantucket 2 (i hope)

Review from Steam

Its a good and servicable little game but some events are just fucking hearthbreaking. Its not a bad game but has some PROBLEMS.
I just got a sidequest to find a pirate treasure because on of my crewmates got some old maps in a drinking game.
I set sail for the supposed location which is on the other end of the world. Midway an event triggers where one of my 3 crewmates who has supposedly no idea how to navigate a Steering wheel even though he is a navigator, goes overboard due to incompetence. I have 3 choices,sending a boat, throwing him a rescue line (60 % chance one of my crewmates dies, 40 % he gets saved) or letting him die. Great choices. I use the first option and he gets saved but the harpooner dies.
Immideatly after that i get another event where my craftsmen dies. Dont remeber what this shit was because i also had no option to prevent it. And with him i loose the quest for the pirate treasure. Fuck you, i want to hunt the pirate treasure.
Im done with this.
Also, twice i went to events because my crewmates wanted to see a loved one or or some kiddnaped relative. They both ended in one of my crewmates dying or me having to pay a large sum because i tryed to rescue he kiddnaed guy, and the crewmate got killed alswell.

X
Age Verification
To be able to see content under adult tag.
Confirm