Guns of Icarus Online
Guns of Icarus Online is the original PvP steampunk airship combat game that laid the groundwork for the expanded Guns of Icarus experience, Guns of Icarus Alliance. Slip the surly bonds of earth and take to the skies as a bold Captain, fearless Gunner, or cunning Engineer. Raising the stakes on team-based PvP combat with an emphasis on strategic competition and team play, Guns of Icarus Online is all about teamwork, tactics, and fast-paced action. With a good ship and the right crew, you can conquer the skies!
- A vivid steampunk world Lumbering, heavily-armored airships bristling with guns patrol the skies above a land ravaged beyond repair by an out-of-control industrial revolution.
- Build your own airship Starting from a selection of basic hulls, players can mix and match hundreds of custom parts to create their own unique airship, then assemble a crew to fly it.
- Your ship is your life Your ship is your collective life bar - when the ship goes down, the crew goes down with it. Every member of the crew plays an integral role in not only maintaining the integrity - “life” - of the ship, but also weakening the integrity of enemy ships as they work cooperatively towards a shared victory.
- The ultimate multiplayer team experience You won’t be told to stay still and not die while a veteran preserves their Kill/Death ratio. In Guns of Icarus Online, you have to work together. It’s an entirely interdependent gameplay experience that cannot be won by a single crew member.
- Goggles, gears, and glory A wide range of costumes and cosmetic options to show off your style are available in the in-game store. These items are cosmetic only - there is no pay-to-win in Guns of Icarus Online.
- Pit crew against crew Form a party with up to 4 friends and crew a ship together to battle against other teams in massive airship battles with up to 32 players in a match with multiple game modes including Deathmatch, King of the Hill, Crazy King, Skyball, and VIP.
- Rise in the ranks Earn titles and cosmetic upgrades through your achievements. Balanced, competitive matches reward strategic, skillful play, not level grinding.
The Industrial Revolution never ended. Raging out of control, the new machines consumed the world, staining the sky, scouring the land and poisoning the water. Humanity came the brink of extinction, all but destroyed by their own unrestrained ingenuity. A few pockets of civilization survived, sheltering in the crevices of the world, and it is time for a comeback.
Divided by wide expanses of toxic wasteland, a handful of these remnants have developed airship technology. Cruising through the sky, safely away from the poisoned earth, trade and industry could finally begin anew. However, with resources so desperately limited, war was inevitable.
We are Muse Games, an independent studio based out of New York City. Our debut game, Flight of the Icarus, was the seed that would later grow into our flagship title. After releasing the unique and eye-catching platform game CreaVures in 2011, we dedicated ourselves to re-engineering our debut title into a fully-featured cooperative online airship combat game.
We released Guns of Icarus Online in October 2012, right in the midst of Hurricane Sandy. Despite that challenging start, the game earned a loyal audience and built up a healthy community, passing the million player mark in January 2016. Since then, we have remained committed to supporting and expanding the Guns of Icarus experience. What was originally intended to be an expansion that would introduce AI opponents and player-vs-environment gameplay grew into a new standalone game - Guns of Icarus Alliance, the ultimate and definitive Guns of Icarus experience - which released in March 2017.